The Sony 135mm f/1.8 G Master lens is the 31st lens in Sony’s full-frame, e-mount lineup.
I quickly fell in love with this lens – it is outstanding. Designed for longer portraits, this has some of the best optical rendering that I’ve seen on any lens to date. This is the ultimate portrait lens. Bokeh is excellent, it has outstanding sharpness and the autofocus speeds are impressive. This has the same XD linear drive system that is found in the Sony 400mm f/2.8 G Master as well as the Sony 24mm f/1.4 G Master lenses.
One correction – around 03:17 I say there’s little spherical aberration at small apertures when in face I meant to say diffraction. This is where the sharpness softens in the lens and for most lenses this starts around f/16. Its been a long week – sorry for the confusion.
Check out my other videos:
• Sony 400mm f/2.8 G Master Lens Review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pix0A5TGn8
• Sony 24mm f/1.4 G Master Lens Review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW-xRCrZXIc
• Why Sony Is Absolutely Killing It Right Now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYMgDT_iAI
• Sony RX100 V :: Wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuY48hNitCA
• Sony a5100 :: The Best Deal In Photography? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuY48hNitCA
Music is from Epidemic Sound. If you need music for your videos, Epidemic is simply the best in the business. Check them out here: https://goo.gl/v5wWKr
On my channel you will find videos about photography, cinematography, post processing tutorials for Capture One, Lightroom and Photoshop, photo assignments that YOU can participate in, the Artist Series and of course me vlogging about my personal life. The Artist Series is an ongoing set of videos I produce as documentaries on living photographers. I am extremely passionate about photography and video and my goal in making these videos is to share my passion and enthusiasm with you! Don’t forget to subscribe and make sure to hit the like button and share this video if you enjoyed it!
* Sony paid for my hotel and flight to come use this lens. No financial compensation was made and the opinions here are my own.
The Art of Photography
2830 S. Hulen, Studio 133
Fort Worth, TX 76109
US of A
It’s indeed the great lens … but the price …. 🙂
Yes, the price is a bit crazy but maybe just renting it from Lensrentals.com when they become available would be a good option.