Myanmar Emerges is a year-long GlobalPost investigation into challenges facing Myanmar’s nascent democracy. Part One of the series, The People vs. The Power, examines the battle between villagers and a Myanmar and Chinese government-backed mining company they say is stealing their land and ruining the environment.
Dreams to Dust follows 15-year-old Ko Ko Aung, who lives on the fringes of Myanmar’s largest mine. Ko Ko Aung once wanted to be a doctor, but was forced to drop out of school to help his family make ends meet. He now scrapes together a living forging copper from earth he steals from the mine.
To learn more about Myanmar Emerges visit http://globalpost.com/globalpost-myanmar-emerges
See more from this series:
Myanmar Emerges Documentary
• Promise and Peril: http://vimeo.com/82404496
• Behind the Scenes: http://vimeo.com/82571089
Myanmar Emerges — Part Three: Opium War
• Heroin State: http://vimeo.com/82385407
Myanmar Emerges — Part Two: Oppression Economics
• Breadwinners: http://vimeo.com/74010831
• Forsaken: http://vimeo.com/74007636
• Mock Stars http://vimeo.com/74003695
Myanmar Emerges — Part One: The People vs. The Power
• Poisoned Hope http://vimeo.com/64736859
• Dreams to Dust http://vimeo.com/64745407
• Resource Righteousness http://vimeo.com/64738284
• We Never Agree http://vimeo.com/64643317
Error: Contact form not found.