Today Hasselblad made several announcements including the long awaited Hasselblad X1D II. I’ve actually had the camera for about a week. I’ve been allowed to shoot on the X1D along with the 135mm f/2.8 lens. The camera I had was using pre-production firmware so in fairness to Hasselblad, this is just a first-look preview of the camera with sample images. I’ll follow up with a proper full review of the X1D II when I get a chance to use production software and a more full evaluation.
If you like the sample images, check out my Lightroom preset pack – http://theartofphotography.tv/presets
• 43% larger display area (3.6” vs 3.0”)
• Higher resolution: 156% more pixels (1024×768 vs 640×480)
• Brighter, more vivid colour reproduction
• Largest rear LCD on any medium format camera available today
New Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
• Higher resolution: 55% more pixels (1280×960 vs 1024×768)
• Higher magnification (0.87x) delivering a larger image
New Imaging Processor
• Reduced shutter lag and blackout time
• Start-up time reduced by 46%
• Higher frame rate Live View with a 62% faster refresh (60 fps vs 37 fps)
• Overall system response speed when browsing images and menus has been improved
• We now have JPEG Output at full resolution so if you want to shoot full-resolution JPEG’s as side-car files to your RAW images this is now possible.
• Built-in GPS
• The menu structure has been reorganized for more logical control and easier access
• Self-Timer/ Interval / Bracketing options are now available in the Drive Modes on Control
Screen for quick access
• Menu system can be now be accessed thru the EVF
Shipping in June, priced at $5750
My other Hasselblad Videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGEE7pGLuppSbzE0qjxpGDXquJjXW4pUO
On my channel you will find videos about photography, cinematography, post processing tutorials for Capture One, Lightroom and Photoshop, photo assignments that YOU can participate in, the Artist Series and more. The Artist Series is an ongoing set of videos I produce as documentaries on living photographers. I am extremely passionate about photography and video and my goal in making these videos is to share my passion and enthusiasm with you! Don’t forget to subscribe and make sure to hit the like button and share this video if you enjoyed it!
* Hasselblad loaned me a pre-production X1D II for this video. No financial compensation. Thoughts are my own based on a week of using the pre-production camera.
The Art of Photography
2830 S. Hulen, Studio 133
Fort Worth, TX 76109
US of A